Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Modifications Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Manage assigned work through all phases to ensure objectives are being met with regards to HSE, quality, cost, AFE/budget management, and schedule.
* Engage with Supply Chain to develop strategies, tender packages, contract exhibits, bid evaluations, requisitions and contract management plans.
* Provide validation of contractor and supplier invoicing prior to payment.
* Direct contractors through all phases of work required to execute activities. Manage contractor progress and variation orders as required.
* Ensure all activities follow the Project Management Standard, Engineering Management Standards & VOSG Venture Ownership and Stage Gate Standard.
* Develop relationships and manage key onshore and offshore interfaces.
* Maintain good communications with stakeholders for progress reporting.
* Prepare and present updates for senior management as required.
* Interface with project services in the preparation and maintenance of schedules, cost estimates, forecasts, risks and other reporting.
* Develop estimates/plans, prepare budget/AFE requests for approval, and support assurance requirements as required.
* Monitor scope progress, manpower and budget with the ability to intervene and resolve / escalate where required.
* Ensure technical delivery is aligned with the Engineering Management Standard, inclusive of engagement of Company TAs in review/approval of key documents, deviations and non-conformances.
* Manage interface management processes to enable timely and accurate sharing of engineering and project information.
* Prepare project specific governance documentation as required.
* Responsible for compliance with Company management of change processes.
* Manage readiness for offshore execution including integration with the company's Asset plan, operations support, project manpower and material requirements.
* Promote knowledge sharing - share own project experiences and seek knowledge from other projects/ organizations.
* Management of regulatory permits and consents as required.
* Mobilise offshore as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant degree, preferably in project management, business management, or engineering. Significant and relevant experience may also be considered.
* Professional registration (Chartership) with a relevant engineering and/or project management institute preferred
* Knowledge of all phases of oil and gas projects e.g. FEED, EPC, commissioning, start-up, handover etc., and experience with project sanction processes
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop an effective working relationship with key stakeholders
* Ability to lead multi-discipline contractor project teams
* EPC contract and procurement management experience, inclusive of strategy development, tender processes, and change management.
* Experience in delivering projects and modifications. Brownfield modifications and a range of experience across topsides, jackets, drilling, and subsea systems is preferred.
* Experience working directly with operations personnel and procedures. Specific asset experience preferred.
* Self-driven and results oriented. Active collaborator with good communication and teamworking skills.
* Understanding of UKCS Regulatory, Industry Standards and Recommended Practice requirements in relation to design, manufacture & execution of relevant works.
* Valid certificates to travel offshore
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/070256.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.