- Posted 01 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCatriona Cooper
* Implementation and update of the Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programme within the maintenance management system (SAP), in compliance with local country legislation and company procedures, to assure the condition of company assets. * Manage data generated from the execution of inspection programmes, ensuring data is gathered, assessed, and processed within company Information Data Management Systems (IDMS), and wider company systems, in a timely manner. * Contribute to the preparation of the asset annual budget, identifying opportunities to optimise and reduce spend on an ongoing basis by introducing innovative technologies e.g. Non Invasive Inspection (NII), challenge to company and industry norms, and contract management.
Role Deliveries and Responsibilities
Implementation of RBI programme / assure condition of company assets: * Ensure compliance with statutory regulation, company policies, standards, and contractor inspection procedures when implementing and updating the RBI programme. * Responsible for the acceptance and sign off, of all inspection reports / completed work-packs and close out of work orders within the maintenance management system (SAP). * Coordinate all 3rd party topside (structural, pipework, pressure vessels etc.) inspection (structural, pipework, pressure vessels etc.) activity e.g. NDT teams. * Implement the topside asset integrity programmes in accordance with Asset Integrated Activity plans (90 day and 28 day). * Timely preparation and issue of work-packs, including support requirements, for asset review and acceptance and in compliance with planning principles. * For complex scopes of work, site visits to liaise and coordinate with facility personnel to ensure activities are fully understood and agreed before work enters the 28 day plan. * Collation and submission of (Turnaround / Shutdown), TAR dependent asset integrity work scopes to shutdown plan. * Compliance with anomaly management procedure and liaise with both fabric maintenance and modification teams so that execution is carried out in accordance with SE work prioritisation matrix. Data / data systems management: * Conduct analysis of inspection data and specify appropriate remedial actions, following through to timely completion and close-out. * Interpret and summarise inspection data within the Integrity Review (IR) process to continuously update the RBI programme. * Ensure all relevant documentation is maintained current and up to date e.g. P&ID's, isometrics etc. * Comply with the plant Management of Change (MOC) process to manage change e.g. if equipment is not as per documentation, equipment found to be out of service, equipment is modified as a result of integrity programmes (for example; insulation removal). * Measure, monitor and report asset integrity Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), to demonstrate regulatory and internal compliance, measurement of 'risk'. * Ensure RiskPoynt barrier model is kept accurate and up to date and that SAP assurance tasks are aligned with Performance Standards (PS). Budget and contract management: * Contribute to development and approval of annual asset budget, and periodic Latest View (LV) forecasts. * Work to annual budgets and advise of potential deviations as a result of change to planned programmes * Work with cost engineers to raise and approve purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
Working with People / Leadership
▪ Carry out frequent personal and process safety orientated site visits which engage the workforce and contractors. Listen actively and seek for early warnings. ▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with Spirit's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role. ▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels. ▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely. ▪ Is familiar with and adheres to Spirit Energy's people policies and procedures.
Performance Management & Development
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures. ▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the Spirit Energy culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected. ▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development. ▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues. ▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I. In their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed. ▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and has an understanding of Spirit's ED&I policies.
▪ Embeds Spirit Energy's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours. ▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously and also implements and embeds change. Builds rapport and is able to influence in a constructive way / skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics. ▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required. ▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
Key Technical Skills
▪ Conversant with UK regulatory environment, standards and industry best practice. ▪ Competent with Risk Based Inspection programmes, models / software systems, and degradation mechanisms. ▪ Competent working within maintenance management systems e.g. SAP Additional Skills/Training which would be ideal are - * Corrosion and degradation mechanisms * Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods Good knowledge of the following legislation needed: UK * Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) * Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) * Safety Case Regulations (SCR) * Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) * Prevention of Fire and Explosion, and Emergency Response (PFEER), regulations * Design and Construction Regulations (DCR) * European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) NL ▪ Koninklijk Besluit 387 ▪ Warenwetbesluit Drukapparatuur (WBDA)
▪ Educated to degree level ▪ Incorporated / Chartered Engineer status
▪ The job holder must possess strong operational knowledge of the upstream or other high hazard industry. ▪ Significant experience in engineering and operations. ▪ Significant experience within asset integrity; RBI programmes, inspection, NonDestructive Testing (NDT), Fitness for Service assessment, Non-Invasive Inspection (NII) programmes. ▪ Track record of continuous professional development.
Incumbent should ideally have the following completed: ▪ ASME Level 1 and 2 Plant Inspector ▪ API 579 Fitness For Service ▪ API 510 /570 Piping and Vessel Inspector ▪ G-103 Non Invasive Inspection Recommended Practice.
Mandatory Training required
▪ All Spirit Energy mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
Please refer the Job Description and Person Specification on Pipeline for Job Details and Job Dimensions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.