Mechanical Technical Authority
- Posted 19 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Technical Authority, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for improving equipment operability, availability, reliability, operational efficiency and provide technical infrastructure and polices to support onshore and offshore operations.
* Support Mechanical Team Lead in provision of Rotating and Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Engineering support functions within the Operations group, and ensure all legislative, safety and environmental requirements are addressed in a competent manner.
* Although mechanically biased the position is intended to have a cross discipline approach to Reliability Improvement throughout operations in the company.
* As required provide day-to-day operational and Mechanical Engineering support and expertise to the company's North Sea Assets for all non-Drilling Rotating and Static Mechanical Equipment.
* Responsible for ensuring Computerised Maintenance Management System is fully adopted functional and correctly and ensure offshore compliance with requirements.
* Ensure Safety Systems are designed, and function to support Safety Case WSE, SMS, Performance Standards and all legislative requirements.
* Assure change or modifications safeguard the integrity of the asset and risks continue to be controlled.
* Lead/carry out/participate in Incident Investigation/IRP, RCA/5 WHY, FMECA.
* Management of SCE equipment/systems.
* Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with the company and legislative requirements.
* Provide medium/long term input to Annual and LoF plans and budgets by way of obsolescence studies, optimisation opportunities and planning in support of the company's policies, plans and activities.
* Responsible for retaining function of systems and equipment.
* Ensure Operational Integrity is being maintained across all assets, and that risks resulting from activities/impaired equipment and systems are being managed.
* Ensure Performance Standards are kept up to date for SCEs, and that Assure Routines are appropriate and align with Performance Standards.
* Set spares holding philosophy in accordance with equipment lead time, condition, function, cost and LoF demands for all assigned areas.
* Use CMMS to carry out downtime reviews, identify bad actors' common mode failure, trend analysis, MTBF, MTTR, optimise PMR's and generate recommendations accordingly.
* Lead/carry out/participate in 5 WHY/RCA, FMECA, RCM/Maintenance Strategy Reviews, Reliability Improvement projects, CBM/CM Review, BOM Review, PMO, RRM, REM, LCC.
* Repair/replacement of equipment as required by business needs or equipment condition, where replacement (like-for-like activity with no significant design change or support requirements).
* Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
* Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical maintenance service providers. Participates in the final check-out of new installations.
* Capable of managing major intervention works offshore with multiple vendors (e.g. Turbine/compressor overhauls, etc).
* Manage and report on Mainfield Opex budget for Mechanical activities on assigned assets.
* Input and adhere to planning process and shutdown activities, review and advise on accuracy of 35/90 day Shutdown/LoF/Business Interruption & LoF plans, as required.
* Undertake role of Maintenance TA for assigned assets/areas of responsibility and deputise for Maintenance Team Lead as required.
* Development and upkeep Mechanical Maintenance Policies and Procedures to support offshore/ onshore activities and ensuring technical integrity is maintained.
* Provide Mechanical technical support guidance and decision making to other departments on all corporate matters, equipment design, selection and operation.
* Management of Contracts for Specialist or Support services in association with relevant Commercial Advisors.
* Set schedule and participate in CMMS, SHE, Technical, Themed and Vendor Audits.
* Conduct site visit/reports on key vendors.
* Attend offshore as technical expert to assist platform manage major interventions/ projects.
* Interface with HSE, DECC, Certifying Authorities as directed by Maintenance Superintendent.
* Prepare annual and LoF budget submissions for assigned assets in conjunction with Maintenance Team Lead.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Ability to take the lead with people, processes, resource planning, and required business interventions
* Methodical, systematic approach to activity development
* Ability to evaluate performance (process/people)
* Vendor and Contract Management
* Ability to be assertive and challenge where required, while maintaining strong relationships built on trust and confidence
* Supervision of offshore team
* Engineering degree or similar
* Attained/working towards Chartered Engineer status
* Relevant experience in Ops. and Maintenance Engineering
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/064328.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.