- Posted 22 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Mechanical Supervisor - Maintenance
Location - Grangemouth (COMAH site)
- Assist the plant engineer / reliability engineer in the root cause analysis of failures - failure mechanisms.
- Follow, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors and company's fitters
- Cover the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities , both for contractors and both for company's fitters.
Qualifications and experience required:
- LOLER regulations, prefer if also Appointed Persons certification.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
- Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
- Have an understanding of PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures
- Knowledge of rotating equipment in an industrial environment, laser alignment systems and mechanical seals would be advantageous to this role.
- An understanding of ASBESTOS management
- Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), with at least 5 years industrial experience (COMAH, chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas and Oil etc sites) as Supervisor under permit to work procedure
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.