Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer with a passion for the oil and gas industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in London!
As a Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance of all static equipment engineering on our major oil and gas project. You will also be responsible for leading a team of engineers and technicians, and ensuring that they are meeting the project's goals and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the timely delivery, review, and approval of studies and documents under your responsibility
- Reviewing and approving the detailed engineering works of static equipment in compliance with project requirements, specifications, and procedures
- Identifying any deviations from the project basis of requirements and reporting these to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Offering technical support to the replies to contractor and vendor clarifications and derogations requests
- Participating in the preparation and execution of inspection and test plans (ITPs) and factory acceptance tests (FATs)
- Assisting with the review of the other discipline deliverables and participating in HAZOPs
- Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager any area of concern concerning quality or discipline progress
- Ensuring the quality and completeness of final documentation for static equipment
- Commissioning and starting up static equipment as per detailed engineering documentation and vendor recommendations
- Supporting and enforcing the HSEQ project objectives and directives in compliance with the project HSEQ management system
- Addressing site queries and unexpected technical problems quickly to avoid contractor stand-by or delays
- Overseeing the rectification of punch list items and completion of on-site tests
- Overseeing the erection of all discipline-related equipment
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
- Registration as a Chartered Engineer, PE, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry, with a focus on static equipment engineering
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safety and quality
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a major oil and gas project in London. If you are a highly skilled and experienced Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer with a passion for the industry, we encourage you to apply!
To apply, please send your updated CV for immediate consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.