Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Mon - Fri Days
Location: Candidates can be based in either Hull or Norwich
Great opportunity to work for a leading independent oil and gas company in Europe, with an onshore and offshore presence in 14 countries. This company is also a key player in the North Sea.
* Conduct regular inspections, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of mechanical systems, including compressors, turbines, pumps and various rotating machinery.
* Ensure that all mechanical assets are functioning efficiently and reliably to meet operational demands and identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
* Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns and mechanical failures, identify root causes, and implement effective corrective actions to minimise downtime and maintain production.
* Participate in various engineering projects, including upgrades, modifications, and expansions or mechanical systems.
* Promote a strong safety culture within the organisation by following all HSE guidelines, conducting safety inspections, and actively participating in safety meetings.
* Analyse operational data, identify inefficiencies, or areas for improvement, and propose solutions to enhance equipment performance, energy efficiency and overall productivity.
* HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
* Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the oil and gas industry or a similar process orientated environment.
* In-depth knowledge mechanical systems, rotating equipment, and machinery commonly used in the gas processing industry, e.g., pumps, compressors, vessels and valves.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve mechanical issues effectively.
* Understanding of DSEAR and ATEX regulations and control of ignition of mechanical equipment in hazardous areas.
* Familiarity with industry standards (e.g. API,ASME) is advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.