Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Produce engineering drawings, designs, specifications and documentation to IS0 9001.
* Responsible for varied engineering assignments requiring a broad knowledge of an engineering specialty and the effect the work has upon other fields.
* Preparation and updating of operating and maintenance manuals.
* Solve problems using a combination of standard or modified procedures.
* Participate in planning objectives.
* Perform independent studies, and analyses, interprets and draws own conclusions; more complex work projects are referred to more senior authorities.
* May give periodic technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
* Ensure all policies are adhered to and required documentation is correctly recorded/stored.
* Support product and engineering team
* Effectively manage, work allocation and prioritisation of daily workload.
* Identify and advise promptly on all personnel, training and development, safety, technical and operational matters, problems, or requirements as they arise.
* Any other jobs responsibilities in the engineering group that fi t into work area of responsibilities and duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelors or master's degree in mechanical engineering or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered)
* Advanced knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
* Must be able to understand all phases of field operations and equipment with particular attention to department or work group field of expertise.
* Matlab (desirable)
* Advanced expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Understanding of deadline achievements
* Relevant of experience in design, product development
* Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/070471.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.