We have a current opportunity for a Marine Manager on a contract basis. The position will be residential based in Mozambique supporting a major capital project. For further information about this position please apply.
The job holder will be providing detailed input on export terminal design and operability, compliance with international marine regulations, industry standards and marine safety, marine environmental and emergency response. The position will hold responsibility for developing functional specifications and contracting for the required harbor fleet vessels, establishing the requirements for marine personnel and training, development of operating procedures and guidelines, and providing CAPEX and OPEX estimates of terminal marine operations support.
He will be managing the team and contracts (tugs, support vessels, dredging, mooring, pilot…) during the Operation phase.
* Serve as marine operations and marine safety subject matter expert resource for the Facilities Development Team, primarily with respect to marine operations and ship/shore interfaces.
* Responsible for interaction and relationship with PCD, ENH, Port authorities and local marine authorities.
* Responsible for the development of marine operations procedures including, but not limited to ship navigation and maneuvering (channels, maneuvering areas, navigational aids, under keel clearance requirements, etc.).
* Define the strategy with HQ services/Finance/Procurement for renting tugs and support vessels. Responsible for implementing the strategy and make sure vessels are ready on time for RLFC (Ready for Loading First Cargo).
* Clarify with Legal the role of PCD (Portos de Cabo Delgado) for the operation of the MOF.
* Development of Marine Operations Handbook, Marine Terminal Operations and Conditions of Use Manual, Marine Environmental Emergency Response Plan and Port Security Plan.
* The Marine Manager is responsible for supporting all Terminal marine environmental and emergency response activities.
* Master Mariner or Chief Engineer license
* Minimum 10 years sea going experience.
* Minimum 5 years working on LNG LPG or Condensate Vessels.
* Minimum 5 years working at an LNG terminal directly for owner/operator
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.