Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Marine Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Applicants must have the full legal rights to work in the UK.
* Responsible and accountable onshore marine engineer for the performance of all marine engineering systems including Thrusters, ballast & bilge systems, Inert Gas generation and Cargo venting systems, Mooring/Hawser Winches, Turret swivels and Bearings, watertight closures, and all other related marine engineering systems.
* Work closely with and report to the Marine Specialist as part of the Marine team to ensure all aspects of the marine systems and operations are effectively managed onshore and to support offshore activities as required.
* Drive compliance with Engineering Management of Change procedure.
* Provide expertise and input Maximo to optimise effectiveness and ensure robust compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
* Integrating maintenance change and control through monitoring, implementation and analysis using best practice strategy and techniques.
* Day to Day interaction with Barge Master and Maintenance Superintendent/Chief Engineer to prioritise marine engineering concerns.
* Assist with planned maintenance assurance activities to achieve the delivery against Marine Integrity MAH Barriers
* Monitor performance standard to facilitate the annual review with discipline Technical Authority
* Liaise and performance manage assigned vendors.
* Form part of the risk assessment team for marine engineering related Operational risk assessments.
* Manage and liaise with Class and Flag state in matters relating to marine engineering issues.
* Where required support maintenance team onshore and offshore.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in a marine engineering discipline and/or STCW Class 1 or 2 Marine Engineer/Master Mariner Certificate of competency
* Extensive and proven track record operating within the tanker and offshore FPSO industry.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/067785.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.