- Posted 16 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group are sourcing a Manufacturing Project Manager (Medical Devices) on behalf of our Multinational Medical Device Client on an initial 12-month contract located in Cork.
The Project Manager's role is to coordinate and support manufacturing activities across multiple platforms. The Project Manager will work closely with the functional business leads to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the solution deployed in support of the business goals and objectives. Liaise with all key stakeholders across Multiple Product Platforms formulating and communicating Execution Plans to ensure on time deployment of key deliverables.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines using appropriate tools.
- Schedules and facilitates project status meetings and advises management on project status, risk and mitigation including executive reporting.
- Communicates project implementation options, schedule, quality, and risk to stakeholders, as well as offer recommendations based on these elements.
- Application of world class manufacturing & project tools and techniques with process areas. Control and direct manufacturing validation strategy for existing and new processes with respect to MDR requirements.
- Process review and optimization of specified process documentation.
- Support the Manufacturing Organization in creation, review, and release of Manufacturing data & Risk Management Activities
- Responsible to originate/oversee/assist in the creation & release of change orders (COs)
- Initiate, route, verify and handle all the administrative paperwork and formalities in coordination with multiple departments stakeholder contacts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in European Medical device industry especially in manufacturing or engineering or in managing large business projects, using project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define, plan and manage projects.
- Must have solid understanding of project management methodologies and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in a Medical Device regulated environment.
- Ability to take ideas from concept to realization.
- Proven exceptional written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience with systems implementation/rollout projects preferred.
- Strong knowledge and skills in MS Office.
- Experience with FPX Project Management is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and skills in PLM system, Agile PLM and SAP is required, and Windchill and Adaptive will enhance candidacy.
- Must be highly organized, creative, articulate, and analytical.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to multi-task independently with minimal supervision in a matrix organization.
- Some flexibility in working hours is required.
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision.
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent
and extensive related project experience.
- Certificates in Program/Project Management will enhance candidacy but are not a
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Nicole Elphick on +353864408707 or email email@example.com about this role and other opportunities.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.