- Posted 24 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Legal Manager., based in Aberdeen.
With respect to OFW wind offshore projects located in the UK:
* Provides legal support in connection with M&A transactions and Projects, including due diligence processes, transaction documents, finance documentation and follow-up on Projects' operation Supports the M&A/Structured Finance/Business entities projects and processes
* Interacts with the internal and external parties associated with the transaction
* Manage external lawyers and monitors legal fees
* Coordinate with OFW Head of Legal, REN, the Branch and Group Legal teams and ensure compliance with the legal applicable group policies in connection with the transactions
In coordination with REN Head of legal, and with respect to OFW :
* Ensures compliance with Group corporate policies applicable in his/her field of responsibility
* Liaises and develops cooperation with the Branch and Group Legal teams (including through LPG)
* Contributes to the legal reporting of OFW
* Contributes to the development of training and guidelines to operational teams
* Contributes to the development of appropriate tools for supporting the activity (templates, guidelines, enhancement of knowledge)
* Contributes to the development of adequate document management systems
* Controls the hiring, use, quality and cost of external legal counsels on files handled across OFW BU; contributes to the development of tools for monitoring these aspects
* Implements a culture of compliance with laws and integrity
* Contributes to the corporate housekeeping of the entities pertaining to OFW
* May provide legal support for litigations of OFW in the UK
Experience & Qualifications:
Law degree from a UK Jurisdiction / Fully qualified and practicing lawyer in a UK jurisdiction Language skills required: English as first language. French is a plus
Required experience : a thorough knowledge of the nature of the energy / renewables industry and
a minimum of 5 years of legal support in private practice or industry to Projects (construction contracts, development contracts and project finance) and M&A transactions (SPA, SHA, Joint bidding agreements), in energy and/or renewables;
Rigor, drafting skills, capacity to synthetize and focus on key issues,
Autonomy in a demanding environment,
Capacity to report, share and communicate, strong team spirit.
Diplomacy, ability to work in a multicultural environment, strong negotiation skills.
A « service partner » approach to support the business in sustaining growth.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/054902.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.