Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Legal Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
* Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as external law firms.
* Providing legal advice in relation to all aspects of the company's business within the UK. This includes a substantial offshore business, so UKCS experience is essential.
* Advising on regulatory compliance issues, in particular in relation to production licences under the Petroleum Act and matters involving OGA, BEIS and the HSE. Experience of working with these regulators and understanding their powers and obligations will be great.
* Participating in joint venture negotiations including forming of consortiums for licence bid purposes, drafting of JOA's and associated documentation.
* Supporting non-UKCS new ventures and business development opportunities including confidentiality agreement and bidding arrangements etc.
* Drafting and negotiation of Sale and Purchase Agreements, Exchange Agreements and Farmin/Farm-out Agreements and Operating Agreements.
* Liaison with and support to Supply Chain in relation to procurement for production operations and capital projects.
Experience & Qualifications:
Experience working in an in-house energy legal team or looking for a first in-house position with in-house secondment experience in UKCS matters.
* Strong client orientation.
* Demonstrated ability to balance legal risks with business risks and communicate effectively to clients.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in cross functional teams.
* Strong team player
* Excellent computer skills, word, PowerPoint, excel
* Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work without supervision
* Recognize and support the company's corporate culture and are willing to grow together with the company.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069518.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.