Our client, a leading international operator, has a current opportunity for a Lead Pipeline Engineer on a contract basis supporting an LNG bunkering project. The position will initially be based in France for a short period, moving to the contractor's office in either France, the UK, or Japan, and then finally on-site in Oman
- Diploma: Chartered Mechanical Engineering proven experience (> 15 years) with large onshore plants and LNG plants detailed design
- Professional experience: several years of proven experience working directly for owner/operator in EPSCC stages of LNG projects, including skills mainly in Layout engineering and basic knowledge in welding, NDT, Corrosion, Civil engineering.
- Good teamwork, strong minded, previous team management desirable
- Knowledge of project development in Oman and methods used to submit dossier to state expertise, permitting process, technical approval, Omani norms, and standards, are all either an advantage or to progressively acknowledge and incorporate.
- Fluent in English
The service holder's overall responsibility is:
- Accountable for all matters related to the Mechanical/ Piping/ Valve/ Layout/ Welding/ NDT/ Corrosion engineering, fit for purpose and with full respect to the Statement of Requirement with approved changes.
- Represent the Company technical authority for these disciplines.
- Prepare and suggest technical content of essential studies to initiate EPC contractor action and conformity with state of the art in LNG plant design.
- Supervise all subcontracted studies and provides support to other packages with the support of Head Quarters specialist.
- Ensure PVV and Layout design choices take into account constructability, operability, and flexibility of the facilities
- Propose recommendations on technical deviation requests and update the documentation related to the Mechanical/ Piping/ Layout/ Welding/ NDT/ Corrosion disciplines.
- Participate to studies required by third parties as required.
- The service holder will be supported by 5 Piping/ Layout/ Welding/ NDT/ Corrosion Engineers. Responsible for the Mechanical/ Piping/ Layout/ Welding/ NDT/ Corrosion Engineering workload, task attribution and priority.
- Communicate and apply the H3SE policies of the COMPANY and ensure the engineering is developed accordingly.
- Ensure the correct implementation of Company rules and specifications (CR's/ GS's), Project specifications, relevant international standards, and any applicable regulations requirements.
- Lead the review of the CONTRACTOR' key deliverables such as: Plot development, Mechanical/ Piping/ Layout/ Welding/ NDT/ Corrosion studies consolidate comments from the other engineering disciplines and operations.
- Provide technical assistance to the project for any technical audits (required by the banks and the insurance companies or Board of Directors, HAZOP, PR…).
- Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
- Report potential impact on overall project strategy, planning and target achievement.
- Promote workshops with the HQ specialist and or contractor's specialist in order to ensure COMPANY concepts and comments are well understood and quickly integrated in technical documents.
- Guide EPC CONTRACTOR main design selection in a Fit-for-Purpose approach in order to reach an optimized design. Accordingly, promote and follow until approval the deviation request to COMPANY requirements in the main time.
- Ensure through efficient review the good respect of the applicable frame of reference.
- Participate actively to proper interface management with Process, Safety, Electrical, Instrumentation… studies carried out during the EPSCC phase.
- Review and comment the key technical documents of the interfacing disciplines such as Process, Safety, instrumentation, rotating machines ... as well as project procedures, if required.
- Participate to the Project HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, PR.
- Organize with its counterpart discipline weekly meetings and report highlights to management with proposed mitigation measures when deemed required.
- Participate to internal engineering weekly meetings.
- Provide technical inputs to any contractual discussions with EPC Contractor.
- Contribute to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management when applicable.
- Participate to Vendors and in particular for LLIs technical evaluation.
- Ensure design validity and coherence with other disciplines and throughout the LNG Facilities.
- Participate actively to proper interface management with all project LNG contractor (TANK, SIPC, OQGN, etc.)
- Call for/Participate to interfaces coordination activities and ensure synergies are developed between the different Contractors.
- Get knowledge of the Omani norms and practices and use it in project when relevant.
- Assist commissioning, start up and Operation team when required. Transfer project knowledge to operations.
- Prepare REX and Lessons Learnt all along the FEED.
- Contribute to personnel skills improvement and encourage knowledge transfer
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.