Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Onshore Pipeline Engineer, based in Aberdeen/London.
* Client responsible engineer for Pipeline discipline, review, acceptance sign-off of EPC deliverables and discipline liaison between EPC and site operations team
* Ensuring the technical integrity, safety, and sustainability of the design.
* Experience working EPC and O&G operators. Working internationally with experience from upstream and downstream O&G will be beneficial.
* In-depth knowledge of design codes, standards, local regulations for onshore Pipeline requirements. Preparation of Basis of Design / Scope of Works / Technical Reports
* Competent in preparing and checking engineering / design calculations for onshore pipelines, developing design sketches and pass relevant info onto Contractors / Vendors
* Competent in use and checking of Design Software and other engineering software
* Competent in preparing and checking onshore pipeline designs from the EPC, ensuring appropriate selection of materials, operating and design pressures/temperatures, expansion, buckling, fatigue resistance, pipeline sizing, and protection design.
* Competent in preparing and checking management systems for pipelines, including QA/QC, safety management, environmental management, and integrity management systems.
* Competent in preparing and checking pipeline routing criteria and routing maps.
* Able to comment on suitability and location of block valve stations, pig launching and retrieval facilities
* Knowledge of the layout and design of gathering stations
* Knowledge of flow assurance as it pertains to onshore pipeline design
* Competent in preparing and checking of pipeline specifications, data sheets, and material take-offs for linepipe, flanges, pig traps, bends etc
* Supporting procurement i.e. commenting on technical bid evaluations, supplier data etc.
* Supporting engineering team, including construction i.e. responding to RFI / TQ / SQ etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) - Relevant discipline.
* Significant experience in operations and projects environment.
* Fluency in English, French and Arabic would be advantageous.
* Experience with design, fabrication, and installation of onshore pipelines.
* Experience of onshore pipeline testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
* Experience with impressed current cathodic protection and coating systems
* Experience with civil engineering, excavation, groundworks as necessary for design and installation of onshore pipelines
* Chartered Engineer with suitable degree.
* Relevant experience as a discipline Lead
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070390.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.