For an operator, we have a current opportunity for a Lead Onshore Pipeline Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in London or Aberdeen (candidate's choice).
Long term assignment.
Can be OUTSIDE OF IR35.
Normally based in UK with travel to Algeria and contracting company offices
- Client responsible engineer for Pipeline discipline, review, acceptance sign-off of EPC deliverables and discipline liaison between EPC and site operations team
- Chartered Engineer with suitable degree.
- Experience as a discipline Lead
- Ensuring the technical integrity, safety, and sustainability of the design.
- Experience working EPC and O&G operators. Working internationally with experience from upstream and downstream O&G will be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of design codes, standards, local regulations for onshore Pipeline requirements. Preparation of Basis of Design / Scope of Works / Technical Reports
- Competent in preparing and checking engineering / design calculations for onshore pipelines, developing design sketches and pass relevant info onto Contractors / Vendors
- Competent in use and checking of Design Software and other engineering software
- Competent in preparing and checking onshore pipeline designs from the EPC, ensuring appropriate selection of materials, operating and design pressures/temperatures, expansion, buckling, fatigue resistance, pipeline sizing, and protection design.
- Competent in preparing and checking management systems for pipelines, including QA/QC, safety management, environmental management, and integrity management systems.
They are looking for a highly experienced Chartered Engineer with International projects/operations experience
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.