Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Material Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Schedule management: The planner is in charge of the master project schedule. The planner will need to ensure the schedule quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, reflexion of the scope of supply).
* Coordination: the planner will be collaborating with a number of internal functions in order to establish and update the schedule based on their inputs.
* Project management support: The planner is the right-hand person of the Project Director and as such will provide him visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Director has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor / master's degree / Equivalent (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred).
* Relevant experience in planning
* Expertise in use of the MS Project planning tool.
* Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
* Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a complex project as well as use of the MS Project planning tool.
* Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
* Leadership & Inclusiveness: The planner will collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068066.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.