We have a current opportunity for a Lead Installation Analysis Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Sutton, South London.
Our client is a market leader in the provision of pioneering subsea engineering services on a global scale.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
* Develop the overall installation analysis scope package, including but not limited to Flexible / Umbilical / Cable Lay, Structure and Mooring installation.
* Ensure the in-place analysis scope of static Flexible flowlines and jumpers
* Coordinate a team of analysis engineers (Typically from 2 to 8) to meet required engineering works, optimisation, workload, schedule etc.
* Support various training and continuous improvements initiatives such as:
o Develop internal tools, guidelines, templates and training material
o Encourage knowledge sharing within the discipline.
o Support trainees and less experienced engineers
* Responsibility at the start of the Project / Tender / FEED:
o Identify the scope of work, specifications, schedule and inter-discipline requirements.
o Understand project/client expectations and gather applicable past lessons learnt.
o Identity the required project interfaces and agree on a schedule and resource plan with department managers
o Organise KOM with the analysis team, installation method team, discipline managers, and project engineering manager.
o Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates.
* Responsibility during the Project / Tender / FEED:
o Prepare discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, technical specifications, and design reports as required.
o Perform and review the OrcaFlex analysis confirming it adheres with the agreed design brief and basis. Ensure that QA/QC process is correctly followed in the team.
o Maintan relevant project Interface and ensure alignment with other design engineering departments, Installation Method Engineers, SPS suppliers, Client, Engineering Managers, and Flexible / Umbilical Engineers.
o Organise a regular meeting with the analysis team and maintain the action register. Issue regular reporting including document progress, resource mobilization planning, manhour tracking, and ensure technical changes with respect to the base scope are tracked properly.
o Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings and engineering meetings organised by other disciplines
o Organise and chair the analysis engineering review (internal and external)
o Participate in customer and third-party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
* Bachelor in Naval Architecture, Mechanical / Structural / Civil / Hydrodynamic engineering. Master's degree or PhD preferred
* Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, with a preference in EPCI contractor or consultant predominantly performing construction and installation design.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of design techniques and installation analysis in OrcaFlex, with an understanding of applicable standard codes (e.g. DNVGL-ST-N001).
* Experience in developing small engineering teams.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.