- Posted 04 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Role Title Lead Estimator
Line Manager Head of Commercial, EPC
Location Reading / Flexible
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 100 grid-scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and managed are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has been no better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we are focused and embrace innovation, striving to be the best we can be. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
As part of Anesco's growing EPC team, the Lead Cost Estimator will be responsible for obtaining quotations, pricing projects and monitoring costs through the project lifecycle from feasibility, project development, tendering, and construction phases for Anesco's solar PV and battery storage projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Obtain material pricing and organize all the information necessary to create and submit proposals to clients
- Use detailed spreadsheets and company-approved formulae to calculate the projected costs of proposed projects
- Review blueprints and product specifications to accurately determine the quantities of materials needed
- Work closely with the procurement manager to determine accurate forecasts on all pricing
- Solicit and review subcontractor proposals and help with contract negotiations
- Document total materials needed, including detail regarding all codes, brands, and contact information necessary to process orders
- Work with various involved parties, including internal engineering and project delivery teams, contractors, and clients
Skills & Competencies
- Established career as a professional construction project cost estimator
- Expertise in distributed power systems or renewables, ideally battery energy storage systems and/or solar PV
- Analytical skills - able to research market trends and analyse data
- Good communication skills to ensure alignment between all stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail - comfortable with detailed information and ensuring calculations are accurate
- Self-driven and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Used to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A positive and pro-active problem solver
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent calibre
- Renewable energy sector experiences a significant advantage
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.