Our client is a rapidly growing project developer dedicated to developing innovative hydrogen solutions. The mission is to provide affordable, reliable, and sustainable hydrogen solutions for a greener future. The team is composed of talented and dedicated professionals who are passionate about the work they do.
They require a Lead Engineer to support their growing team and growing development portfolio of electrolytic hydrogen projects as they move through FEED, financing, procurement and into construction and delivery.
- Initiate, lead and maintain overall responsibility for design and engineering completed by the business (hydrogen production, compression, storage, dispensing and processing/synthesis, e.g. ammonia / e-fuels).
- Manage third party system design, specification, construction, integration and testing.
- Create and maintain technical specifications, test plans and documentation.
- Develop and mentor a team of junior engineers, including the development of training roadmaps.
- Provide technical advice on feasibility, cost and timeline associated with key project infrastructure.
Support the development of strategic plans and roadmaps based on business drivers.
Facilitate and support project development including budgeting, risk management and schedule development.
- 7+ years' experience in energy sector.
- Experience taking projects with a = >5m CAPEX from FEED to operation.
- Experience with system interfacing and delivering projects with multiple technical partners.
- Have strong technical ability and experience with plant design.
- Have the capability and experience to critically review and certify key engineering and safety milestones (e.g. hazard studies, design reviews, zoning, equipment acceptance, etc).
- Possess excellent soft skills, mentoring capabilities, and be comfortable managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom, full-time, in perpetuity.
The Candidate would benefit from:
- Membership of IChemE and registration as a Chartered Chemical Engineer or Professional Process Safety Engineer.
- Experience with industrial hydrogen systems; with electrolytic hydrogen experience a strong benefit, although not essential
- Design and operational competency with high pressure gas plant.
- Experience with quantification and management of hazardous atmospheres.
- Practical working knowledge of plant-wide control systems and design of safety systems.
- Experience with the procurement of large capital items and vendor liaison.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.