Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Electrical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Perform role of SECE Guardian to define and continuously maintain the means of assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards over the asset life cycle.
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the approved procedures and in accordance with the performance standard requirements in the OIAVS.
* Ensure that SECE performance standards are met by annual reviewing assurance activity in SAP and analysing SECE equipment performance data
* Define and continuously maintain the means of assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards for safety critical equipment over the asset life cycle. Where appropriate raise derogation justification requests against GS EP EXP 407 for discipline TA review / approval
* Participate in safety studies /HAZOPS / ORA / SARA / HAZID
* Carry out responsibilities of SECE integrity lead as defined in L2-TUK-00-005 (if appointed) including technical input to ORA / DGS content.
* Act as HAE expert for Asset.
* Provide governance over asset activities related to discipline to ensure that affiliate procedures and company referential is met
* Prepare and manage the discipline budget and ensure closure expenditure is within acceptable % of original budget.
* Manage the cost control process within budget for discipline for routine and non-routine jobs and modifications.
* Approval of requisitions through UNISOL.
* Provide justification for breaking in any exceptional activities to the annual budget
* Manage the approval of new material requisitions through the Company tools.
* Carry out periodic review of inventory levels along with inventory team to ensure they are optimised to reflect critical spares requirements and consumables meeting rate or consumption, ensure that a review of spares against criticality is carried out periodically to mitigate risks from single point failures.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by making regular visits to operated assets.
* Provide oversight and governance of the tier 1 activities related to discipline
* Manage / Facilitate contract tenders and negotiations relating to maintenance services.
* Manage technical application of contract services, taking a lead role in the involvement/co-ordination of, and interface between, onshore/site/offshore teams/contractors ensuring effective communication and understanding between appropriate parties including GMOC.
* Manage / Facilitate SQM meetings.
* Develop positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied.
* Contribute to the development of strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant/equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets verification and compliance requirements, in accordance with the company's maintenance philosophy.
* Optimise maintenance in accordance with the company's minimum maintenance guidelines (utlising LEAN methods).
* Technical approval of Master Data Change Requests and technical justification deferrals of CAT A maintenance.
* Work closely with GMOC tier one Engineers, ensure GMOC plan, resource and execute jobs in accordance with the company's maintenance strategy and standards
* Set clear priorities and time frame to GMOC and check work/project progress follow proposed targets
* Provide specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to onshore and site personnel including GMOC on the operation and maintenance of plant/equipment ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations
* Encourage the reporting of all incidents, ensure that incidents are investigated and action incident close-outs as appropriate.
* Conduct ad-hoc technical surveys on site/offshore and at vendor/repair locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions and ensuring optimum performance from contractors.
* Ensure all relevant operations and maintenance procedures and documentation are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request.
* Ensure that maintenance activities are appropriately prioritised within operations maintenance plans.
* Prepare/Review scopes of work and economic justification for modifications ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all maintenance activities/modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory/Company standards and correctly closed-out. Manage actions in stream in accordance with priority and target end dates.
* Prepare/Review scopes of work for vendor services, make recommendations on preferred contractors and co-ordinate vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities, monitoring and controlling manpower usage, vendor/contractor performance and expenditure. Lead, as appropriate, in vendor/contractor audits.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and effective manner and that all interventions are controlled by authorised persons, satisfy statutory and Company standards and that no hazardous incidents or events occur.
* Undertake in-depth analyses/studies of problems and recommend longer-term solutions and/or options and make recommendations to line management for approval. Investigate more complex problems by leading multi-discipline teams/projects in conjunction with other operations personnel or Technology Department.
* Contribute to the development of plant/equipment monitoring tools and strategies, proactively monitor, review and analyse plant and equipment performance and provide feedback to Line Management, identifying obsolescence problems, opportunities to maximise production and performance and share best practice
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline.
* Previous engineering experience in the oil & gas industry, including offshore/site experience.
* Chartered Engineer status.
* Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to discipline.
* Significant knowledge of offshore/terminal plant and equipment and maintenance systems.
* Recognized level of Company expertise in technical discipline.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064477.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.