- Posted 14 May 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Discipline Mechanical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Working on projects from a variety of sectors including semi-conductors, transport, renewables and oil and gas.
* In the role you will safely lead a team of engineers to provide delivery of mechanical work scopes, working on designs to solve clients' needs in a collaborative team environment.
* Specific tasks will include detailing work scope methodologies, providing and reviewing drawings and calculations in support of design, whilst capturing project variations and risks.
* You'll need to perform surveys as required and be the client and company assigned engineer.
* Responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of discipline work scopes
* Ability to prepare Cost, Time and Resource sheets to support business development and competitively win and deliver engineering work.
* Work effectively within single and multi-discipline engineering and project teams
* Work effectively in site, vendor and office environments
* Demonstrate capability of design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance within the on and offshore hydrocarbon and infrastructure industry sectors.
* Develop appropriate engineering solutions meeting all relevant requirements
* To oversee the efficient preparation of engineering solutions by other discipline engineers and designers
* To work effectively within teams of multi-discipline engineers to deliver project solutions.
* To develop engineering and technical capability within the discipline including graduate engineers.
* As lead engineer sign off on engineering work
* Performing offshore / site surveys as necessary
* Responsible for the management of all discipline activity including quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness of deliverables.in accordance with company standards
* Interface and work collaboratively with workshop, construction and maintenance personnel in the delivery of engineering and project solutions.
* Ensuring that any lessons learned during the execution of the project are suitably recorded and reported to all relevant parties
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified in mechanical engineering or hydraulics and/or a chartered member with a relevant institution such as IMechE/IMarE/IET.
* You will have carried out a senior mechanical engineering role in the infrastructure or energy sectors or related industries.
* You'll have experience of executing engineering calculations (MathCad, Matlab, 3d modelling and simulation software).
* As a professional engineer you will be able to manage your time and conflicting priorities whilst adapting to change and seeking out opportunities or guidance when required.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054047.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.