Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Development Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide process engineering support to define requirements for early-phase development projects and modifications. This is typically achieved via input to functional specifications, bases of design and scopes of work.
* Provide process engineering support to projects in execution as required.
* Provide technical support to other engineering/asset and business development work as required (e.g. data room support, area planning, etc).
* Provide technical guidance to contractor engineering teams and participate in document review cycles for contractor deliverables.
* Evaluate and recommend suitable technical solutions, giving appropriate consideration to diverse alternatives and ratifying contractors' evaluation of technology. Ensure that industry best practices and appropriate advanced technologies are applied in early project framing.
* Respond in a timely manner to technical queries, MOCs and deviations from Contractors, Partners and Operations to maintain technical design integrity.
* Participate in inter-discipline technical meetings, technical audits, assurance reviews and project risk management meetings/processes.
* Support other disciplines to ensure inter-discipline design coherence and ensure technical interface management is maintained throughout the project cycle.
* Maintain interface with operations and engineering personnel during design stages, collaborating with Company TA's and SME's as required.
* Engage with commercial/ business development and pre-development/ subsurface colleagues to provide development process engineering insight and support.
* Manage study contractors/ consultancies to efficiently deliver agreed scope.
* Support continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders to promote standardisation and enhance knowledge sharing/ retention.
* Act as role model for colleagues, coaching less experienced team members and promoting good communication and a positive work environment.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Chartered Engineer with master's or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering Discipline essential
* Additional qualifications related to Technical Safety design preferred.
* Demonstrable experience in development process engineering, building on substantial experience in relevant project and operations environments.
* Demonstrated extensive experience with project development processes, stage gates and associated regulatory requirements (OGA, BEIS, OPRED).
* Experience in multiphase steady-state and transient flow-assurance modelling and subsea development process engineering design.
* Experience working with joint-venture partners and 3rd-party operations and managing the interface between technical and commercial aspects.
* Ability to represent the company in interactions with 3rd party operator organisations in the appraisal of host tie-back proposals.
* High-level understanding of subsurface issues and uncertainties, and how development planning is impacted.
* Thorough understanding of the UKCS Regulatory, Verification and Functional Safety Assessment requirements and the company's Management of Change (MOC) Process.
* Experience of consultancy and contractor study-management, familiarity with cost-estimating and scheduling practices, experience of working directly with JV partners and 3rd party operator organisations.
* Awareness of broader business discipline requirements and contribution - e.g. subsurface, commercial, economics/ financial, engineering disciplines, and project services
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principle
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/070465.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.