Job Title: Lead Commissioning Engineer (Instrument)
Location: Office in Aberdeen - location can be remote with flexibility to travel as required.
Duration: Contract basis for 12 months.
OCCMS is seeking a Lead Commissioning Engineer (Instrument) to support multiple projects within the UK. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar Lead Engineer or Managerial position within the Oil & Gas industry and be competent at delivering work scopes in collaboration with the wider technical teams. The candidate must have a full understanding of brownfield technical delivery for offshore and onshore assets.
- Review Project Documentation in relation to requirements of the scope.
- Delivery oversight of all project elements including quality and budgetary requirements as per client agreement and associated price constraints.
- Attend project kick-offs and integrated planning meetings.
- Attend FATs where necessary.
- Carry out planning and preparation activities in isolation or with the wider team to ensure the commissioning test procedures are written to the high standards expected by OCCMS and their Clients.
- Liaise with OCCMS' Clients, including at the discipline level and the project managers accountable for the scopes.
- Liaise with the assigned Senior Commissioning and Completions Engineers and OCCMS Technical Director.
- Report to the OCCMS Technical Director or their delegate.
- Previous experience in a similar Lead Engineer or Managerial position within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Full understanding of brownfield technical delivery for offshore and onshore assets.
- Competent at delivering work scopes in collaboration with the wider technical teams and ability to deliver against key milestones as defined by Contract Sponsor or OCCMS Management and our clients.
- Demonstrable experience of developing Time Cost Estimates (TCE's) for multi-disciplined commissioning and completions scopes.
- Sound client interface management experience and track record of delivering projects through all phases of the lifecycle relating to commissioning execution and delivery.
- Sound technical leadership and track record of leading and managing technician and engineer level teams and reviewing technical procedures relating to multi-disciplined commissioning procedures and approval of those where applicable.
- Sound Health and Safety awareness and competent at conveying the requirements to the wider delivery team.
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline (HND minimum with relevant & verifiable experience).
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.