Orion are working with an international client to source a Lab Technician for the Highland based facility.
The primary purpose of this role is to carry out the daily process analysis for Potroom, complete all the internal environmental sampling and analysis required by the operating licence and to assist the HSEQ team with managing the incident system and HSE reporting.
Environmental Sampling & Analysis
* Sampling and analysis of emission to the water environment for various determinants including Fluorine, pH, BOD, Suspended Solids, Ammonia and Cyanides by spectrophotometry and temperature.
* Sampling and analysis of herbage for fluoride content from locations designated in the site operating permit using ISE techniques.
* Preparing and analysing Potroom roof cassettes using ISE techniques
* Supporting the HSEQ team with environmental reporting Process Sampling & Analysis
* Sampling of alumina from FTP slide filters and analysis using NMR for % fluoride content.
* Grinding and analysis of crushed bath samples for determination of % Alumina content.
* Grinding and analysis of bath samples for determination of % AlF3 content. You will be responsible for a mixture of Environmental Sampling and Process Sampling, as well as more general duties such as:
* Ensuring stock levels are maintained and ordering stock as required.
* Housekeeping (including tidying up after all tasks in the laboratory) and ensuring the laboratory is kept as it is in the Visual Standards.
* Writing and maintaining work procedures
* Updating laboratory risk assessments
The Lab Technician will have:
* Intermediate 2 (or above) in Chemistry or Biology
* Intermediate 2 (or above) in Mathematics
* National Qualification in Life Sciences or similar
This is a Full Time permanent position and due to the location it would best suit applicants from the local are or someone willing to relocate, however there is no relocation assistance for this role.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.