Junior Cost Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Cost Analyst to join the Project Controls & Transformation Unit of Project Solutions team in the UK.
Candidates MUST have the RIGHT TO WORK IN UK INDEPENDENTLY.
The Owners Squad is responsible for the centralized delivery of owner's costs across the projects' portfolio in a standardised and digital manner. The squad works closely with stakeholders within operating bases to provide final cost forecast and value of work done submissions, as well as developing standard procedures and templates to simplify and centralise owner's cost engineering.
This hands-on role will involve working with key stakeholders in Central and Regional Finance, Central Project Disciplines, and the deployed Project Controls teams in the operating bases.
- Weekly and monthly timewriting reports for management review
- Ensure service work orders are raised, approved, and well managed
- Ensure time sheets are completed timely, hours booked to correct jobs and with high quality commentary
- Assist in setting up new projects in the owners standard reporting template(s)
- Provide good quality and timely analytics around time writing performance
- Liaise with central and regional teams in updating cost centres
- Supporting the squad lead on new initiatives
Qualifications and skills
- Engineering / Business / Finance degree
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- Experience of project controls systems and tools (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI)
- Excellent skill using Microsoft suite of tools
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to recognise and solve problems
- Beneficial working with large corporations
Think you have what it takes to perform well in this role? If so, we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy o your updated CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.