International Tax Manager
- Posted 03 March 2023
- Salary £1 - £600 per day
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameIsabella Lotocka
Tax Manager *London Based *3 months Contract *Up to 600 PAYE
Are you tax lawyer or qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA) with tax management experience?
Do you have a good working knowledge of international tax law?
Do you have experience in Upstream Oil and Gas industry?
Do you have prior experience of providing international tax advice to clients?
If so please keep on reading!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an International Tax Manager to join an independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across eight countries. This role will be temporary for 3 months with the possibility of extension. In this position you will provide support to the Exploration, Non-Operated and Ghana business units in their tax affairs.
* Supporting the management of the tax affairs of our Ghana, Non-Operated and Exploration Business Units, focussing on
* Production assets in Ghana
* Exploration assets in the South America and Africa region
* Non-operated production assets in Gabon and CDI
* Providing advice on international M&A transactions
* Assisting with the international aspects of overseas operations (e.g., transfer pricing issues, advice on WHT etc)
* Contracting support
* Assisting with the management of tax audits and disputes
* Dealing with outsourced compliance activities.
* Other ad hoc projects
* A tax lawyer or qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA) with equivalent tax management experience.
* CIOT qualification preferred.
* Industry experience preferred.
* Good working knowledge of international tax law
* This role requires a level of technical ability such that the candidate can make an effective contribution in dealing with the range of tax matters arising in a multinational FTSE 250 oil and gas company.
* Previous experience of providing international tax advice to clients
* Upstream Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.
* Good MS Office skills, with excellent Excel and strong PowerPoint skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to work on own initiative and be autonomous.
* Takes a proactive approach.
* Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
* React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
* Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome.
* Seek ways to find and apply best practice
* Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
* Open, honest & reliable
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.