Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Internal / Joint Venture Auditor, based in Aberdeen.
Assist the Audit Team Lead in implementing the annual Audit plan.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* Perform Contract audits, either on an individual basis or in teams drawn from other disciplines and departments, including co-venturer organisations at their sites, vendor sites and at CPEL's UK offices. There may also be a requirement to assist in joint venture audits.
* Formally report findings, issuing audit reports, presenting recommendations and improvements to Operations and Supply Chain Management, relevant vendors and when required, Co-Venturers.
* Identify and negotiate settlement of audit exceptions ensuring timely correction and follow up of outstanding issues.
* Perform specific Internal Audits with a view to validating processes and identify recommendations for future improvement. On completion, draft an end of project report for distribution to the key business stakeholders.
* Work efficiently across multiple audits with accuracy and flexibility.
* Identify opportunities for improvements in processes and practices related to contract management and procurement, Joint Venture Agreements, or internal controls.
* Support contract reviews at tender and award stages to ensure appropriate terms and conditions are incorporated, including rights of audit, assessing the overall application and effectiveness of audit clauses in contracts. Engage in and provide input into contract negotiations.
* Perform annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing of key and non-key business controls.
* Undertake special projects and ad hoc duties as required, including potential for non-UK based audits.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Demonstratable knowledge of accounting principles, including cost accounting and allocations, overheads, general ledger, and financial statements.
* Experience of contract and joint venture audit in the oil and gas sector in both operated and non-operated activities is desired but not essential as training will be provided.
* The successful candidate needs to be knowledge/proficient in SAP, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* High standard of commercial awareness, analytical and organisational skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability and work in a positive manner with personnel internal and external to the company and be an independent worker as well as team player.
* Ability to effectively communicate and deliver identified issues, facilitate problem resolution and negotiations.
* Work to specific deliverables such as completing audit fieldwork and reports on a timely basis.
* Willingness and flexibility to engage in duties at various locations, as required by the business
* University degree or equivalent (Accounting / Finance or other closely related field)
* Ideally hold or be studying for a professional accounting qualification.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069106.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.