Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Integrated Control System Technician, based in Aberdeen.
* Ability to read P&IDs, C&Es, loop diagrams, vendor documentation, extract alarm & event logs.
* Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all PLC, ESD, Fire and Gas safety systems and associated instrumentation marshalling and systems cabinets.
* Implement preventative and corrective maintenance routines and ability to use CMMS tools eg SAP
* Following Company procedures (eg F019, MOC, SMRF) for documentation update and reporting, log keeping, first line maintenance, minor software design and modification, equipment replacement, and inspection
* Application of inhibits/overrides (through Company BCC process), risk assessment generation, raising permits and creating safety critical deviations or deferrals (ORMs) where deemed required within Proscient
* Instrumental in peer review whilst conducting F&G testing.
* Support alarm management and long term inhibit reduction activities held between offshore and onshore.
* First line fault finding on F&G/ESD equipment ranging from discrete packages with differing PLC control arrangements.
* Ability to clear I/O module faults, electrical test failed / test relays energised that can occur during a F&G/ESD systems auto/relay test cycle.
* Ability to remove / replace 3U or 6U modules within F&G / ESD panel.
* Ability to perform change of power supply units if they fail.
* Performs activities associated with annual High-Level Testing and liaise with ICP on results eg HMI trends, input/output check list, C&Es
* F&G/ESD firesafe key management
* USB Port Blocker removal tool management from a USB port on F&G/ESD workstations, Laptops etc
* Supports Company Cybersecurity Policy and Functional Safety Lifecycle Management process.
* F&G/ESD critical spares inventory and obsolescence management
Experience & Qualifications:
* Recognised qualification in Instrumentation, Electronic, Computer or Electrical Engineering at HND or Degree level is preferable.
* Extensive Sensia exposure (formerly ICS Triplex) preferably gained in an offshore or petrochemical environment.
* Must have the ability to understand and compile Technical Reports with associated Drawings as required, pertaining to Electrical, Electronic and Programmable Electronic System (E/E/PES) compliance with IEC 61508/61511.
* Proactive approach to HE&S initiatives. Promotes a high level of awareness in self and others.
* Demonstrated ability in the use of SAP CMMS to ensure required work activities are captured in the development of equipment maintenance plans.
* Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others. Demonstrate proactive, flexible and positive attitude. Share knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
12 Month Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068317.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.