Our client, a leading international Oil & Gas operator, have a current opportunity for a contract Instrumentation Engineer to be based in Milan, Italy supporting a major new LNG development.
The successful candidate must have a degree in appropriate Engineering discipline and registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent (preferred but not essential). Candidates must have eight (8) or more years' of relevant experience in Oil and Gas and large projects, working directly for owner/operator. Candidates must have supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
- The Instrumentation Engineer is responsible design completion and execution of the instrumentation engineering discipline on the LNG Project.
- Work in the Instrumentation Engineering organization of 5 FTE on Company's side and around 110 FTE on Contractor's side.
- Assure the Instrumentation discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 5,000 technical documents.
- Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Provide expertise in Instrumentation and relevant Industry Codes and Standards associated with a multiple train LNG facility, including many different types of on-line process analyzers and application of typical instrumentation types in cryogenic service.
- Review Contractor-produced and package-vendor produced instrument data sheets for flow, pressure, temperature and level instruments; process analyzers including gas chromatographs, moisture analyzers, oxygen analyzers, etc.; control valves, actuated on-off valves, ESD valves, pressure safety valves; tank gauging systems for LNG tanks and Condensate Tanks; HIPPS system; Fire and Gas detectors; bulk materials including cables, junction boxes, terminations, cable trays.
- Participate in FATs for DCS/ESD/F&G systems with Automation Engineers.
- Participate in P&ID reviews, HAZOP and other safety review meetings.
- Interface with Contractor Instrumentation Engineering site leads to ensure coordination of efforts and that all necessary issues are addressed.
- Identify opportunities and risks (and their mitigations) for Instrumentation design related operating issues. Work with Process Safety to ensure all appropriate safeguards and mitigations are in place to provide a safe working environment for Operations.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor planning and execution activities, with focus on Instrumentation engineering activities, but familiarity with multidisciplinary engineering execution, and procurement.
- Assist the Lead Instrumentation and Control Engineer in ensuring the Instrumentation discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
- During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment
Context and environment
- Based in Milan during Engineering phase.
- May relocate to Site during Construction activities at Engineering completion or provide remote support from home office.
- Ensure implementation of proper design for Instrumentation Engineering of the Project.
- Oversight and review of EPC Contractor's ISBL/OSBL instrumentation engineering scopes of work.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.