Installation Structural Integrity Engineer (2/2)
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment, Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameEwan Melling
Great opportunity to work as an Installation Structural Integrity Engineer for a global E&P Company on their Southern North Sea assets, working offshore on a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the management of the integrity of topside structures, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment, fit for purpose assessments and repair strategies for offshore structures, in direct support of the onshore Senior Integrity Engineers and Technical Authorities.
- Supervision and direction of offshore inspection activities for offshore topside structures as well as pressure systems and pipelines.
- Provide active support to the relevant Competent Person/Technical Authority not only for Structures but also a knowledge of IPPPS and Pipeline regulations are desirable.
- Actively support the specific goal of ensuring our client's assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
- Be part of the offshore inspection team, supervising the execution of inspections and ensuring that all integrity threats are adequately addressed through inspection and repair.
- Responsible for reviewing the adequacy of written schemes of examination and adjusting inspection plans to address the as found condition of equipment, to enrich and focus inspection reports for any unforeseen integrity threats as well as the routine planned WSE scopes.
- Experience of appraising existing structures
- An understanding of structural stability and robustness
- Execution and delivery of risk-based inspection strategy including implementation and
- interpretation of inspection findings
- A knowledge of fitness for service assessment and plant inspection
- Repair planning and knowledge of practical remediation techniques
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.