2-3 months potentially longer
Rate - £14.37 per hour (inclusive of holiday credit)
Location - Leith, Edinburgh
Our client is a successful and innovative engineering support business' who is now seeking experienced Industrial Painters to support Marine, Renewable and Oil and Gas Projects at their Dock in Leith. The ideal candidates will have experience in Industrial Painting techniques, ability to work spray guns and be health & safety conscious.
Responsible for the preparation and painting of a variety of industrial structures. Applying coatings to surfaces to prevent corrosion, improve durability and enhance appearance.
* Cleaning and preparing surfaces, selecting and mixing paint.
* Apply paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel and other finishes to required structure.
* Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
* Safely disposing of chemical waste.
* Ensuring that high safety standards are met.
* Utilizing different painting techniques based on the nature of the surface.
* Removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse.
* Ensuring proper ventilation after the paint is applied.
* Utilizing electroplating equipment to coat metal.
* Polishing metallic surfaces.
* Proficiency with technical machinery.
* Physical strength to operate machinery.
* Diligence and attention to detail.
* Excellent dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
* Good organisational skills.
* Good verbal communication.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.