- Posted 02 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Hydrocarbon Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
Production and Sales:
* Collate, analyse and report actual/forecasted production/sales in cooperation with technical teams.
* Collate, analyse and report production/sales volumes for performance management, statutory reporting and external communication.
* Perform variance analysis and resolve queries on production/sales volumes/revenues, achieved price and transportation tariffs.
* Prepare Country production volume analysis to be reviewed by the Head of Hydrocarbon Management for Group wide stakeholders and input into key internal and external reports on volumes and revenue.
* Invoice or check invoices for gas, oil, LNG and NGL sales.
* Create ad hoc reports/analysis on revenues, tariffs and production as required.
* Establish assumptions on volume, transportation costs and sales revenues for the yearly/multiyear budgets.
* Ensure quality of volume data and provide suggestions and improvements to allocation and reporting procedures as necessary.
* Maintain, update and quality control sales information (volumes and contracts) in the relevant IT systems.
* Reporting to authorities: REMIT reporting, CVA's, Sales reporting etc.
Transportation and Processing:
* Forecasting/modelling of transportation costs and income. Review and update tariff formulas/models.
* Verify volumes and price of transportation and processing tariff invoices in accordance with the relevant commercial agreement.
* Review annual reconciliations and make-up or carry forward positions.
* Prepare or check invoices for capacity sales/payments.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience with volume reporting, stock accounting, sales and invoicing of oil & gas streams, or similar products, is a requirement.
* Relevant bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
* Relevant experience, preferably as financial controller or accountant working in a multi-currency organization.
* Relevant experience in oil and gas business.
* Use of SAP would be beneficial.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/066230.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.