Job Title: Hydraulic Technician
Reporting To: Hydraulic & Fitting Chargehand
To inspect, repair, assemble and test hydraulic equipment as required in accordance with company procedures. Undertake a variety of tasks that involve the manufacture and maintenance of hydraulic systems. The post holder will ensure products are manufactured efficiently, within the allocated delivery schedule as per operational planner and ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety guidelines.
* Assist with troubleshooting on, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Inspect and overhaul valves, motors, pumps and other hydraulic components.
* Continually demonstrate safe operation of hydraulic test equipment.
* Maintain housekeeping in workshop. Ensure all work areas are clean and tidy including company transport.
* Safe operation of machinery, hand tools, lifting equipment and ensure job materials and equipment are correctly used.
* Learn to understand assembly drawings complete with bills of material and hydraulic schematics.
* Report any problems that have occurred or any questions that you may have to the Production Manager.
* Develop strong working relations with key stake-holders - clients, colleagues etc.
Key HSEQ Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Learn and abide by the Client HSEQ integrated Management System including HSEQ Procedures and regulations that pertain to their work, and communicate their concerns to their Manager.
* Immediately report all accidents, incidents or near misses to their Manager.
* Participate in proactive HSEQ systems in place such as ICE Card and STAR Cards.
* Maintain and operate equipment in a manner that minimises leaks, spills, emissions, noise and other hazards where applicable;
* Practice good housekeeping.
* Minimise and segregate waste wherever possible.
* Familiarise themselves with the Emergency Procedures for their working area and to know the locations of emergency equipment and how to properly use it where applicable;
* Not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
* Stop the Job if they have any concerns and to immediately communicate their concerns to their Manager.
* Responsible for their own work and the verification of the quality of their work.
* Assist the company in its efforts towards continual improvement.
* Maintain positive communication with peers and customers.
* Time served/significant experience in a hydraulic technician role.
* Fault diagnosis skills
* HNC (or equivalent) in engineering trade or relevant trade experience.
* Good time management.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise.
* Understanding of processes.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Self-motivated and confident.
* Driving licence.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.