Orion has an immediate need for a Human Factors & Ergonomics Consultant on a long-term contract basis here in Houston, TX. For further information about this position please apply.
* Provision of technical advice and support to projects compliant with Group HSSE&SP requirements for HFE and with Client or other relevant technical standards as appropriate.
* To be able to advise capital projects, businesses and assets on compliance with relevant legislation, as appropriate.
* To prepare technical documentation, including HFE Strategies and HFE design analysis reports, to an appropriate technical and professional standard
* To facilitate and report on HFE Screenings and lead and report on HFE Design Analysis as directed by the relevant Client HFE SME or project HFE Strategy
* To represent the HFE Discipline in technical working groups, design reviews, etc on allocated projects.
* To provide relevant training and awareness to project team members, as required.
The competence requirements for the HFE specialist are:
* Satisfies professional certification requirements of recognized professional bodies, such as: o Centre for Registration of European Ergonomists (CREE), Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF) o USA Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (CPE/ CHFP)
* At least 15 years (JG2), 10 years (JG3) or 5 years (JG4) relevant full-time professional experience as a Human factors or Ergonomics professional, including at least 10 years (JG2), 5 years (JG3) or 2 years (JG4) oil and gas industry experience.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.