- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIona Larnach
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
44.01 is a CO2 removal company focused on fighting climate change. We are developing pioneering technology to mineralise CO2 in subsurface geological formations, enabling the safest and most durable form of CO2 removal.
Our mission is to make CO2 mineralisation feasible, accessible, and scalable. We are a mission- driven business focused on innovation, purpose, risk-taking, doing the right thing, and challenging the status quo.
Our goals over the next 18 months include deploying our first commercial mineralisation sinks, deploying our first commercial-scale direct air capture (DAC) and point-source capture (PSC) projects, and validating the commercial viability of our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by engaging with commercial technology partners, offtakers, financiers, and regulatory entities in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Your work has the potential to directly shape our fight against climate change. Your contribution will help us achieve our goal of mineralising 1 Gt of CO2 by 2040.
- Doing the Right Thing, legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles.
- Restore our earth, we are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium.
- Challenge the Status Quo, to solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology to mitigate climate disaster.
About the role:
As the HSE Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of quality, health, safety and environmental protocols in our fast-growing and dynamic setting. You will encourage a safety culture within our team to put the well-being of people and the environment first and foremost in every step of our fight against climate change. You will be
at the forefront of championing the adoption of a QHSE culture that is people-driven over process.
What you will do:
- Drive a technological approach to establishing and implement health, safety, and environmental policies in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 ISO 45001 standards.
- Develop job-specific and detailed SOPs based on actual field operational requirements.
- Lead cross-disciplinary collaboration in QHSE Risk management on all site locations
- Promote a continuous development culture through regular HSE training programs and experiences.
- Maintain a continuous improvement log system that tracks accidents and incidents to ensure they don't happen again.
- Lead development of emergency action plans on-site and liaise with emergency services to maintain compliance with response measures.
- Monitor and report on employee HSE engagement and the effectiveness of policies.
- Ensure 44.01 adheres to local and international safety, environmental and regulatory law.
- Develop relationships with third parties (including certification bodies) on matters relating to HSE.
- Promote a daily safety culture within 44.01.
What you will bring:
- A commitment to 4401's core values.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operational and strategic HSE.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or another safety-related discipline.
- NEBOSH or equivalent certification.
- Strong background in creating operation specific HSE standards and guidelines.
- A practical understanding of local safety standards and regulations.
- Experience leading audits to standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- The ability to self-start and build a department from scratch.
- A proactive, approachable, and team-minded mentality.
- An understanding and belief in sustainability and harmful emissions.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
What's in it for you…
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
- To be part of a team that will invest in your career growth
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.