Job Title: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Advisor
The HSE Advisor is responsible for coordinating and executing safety and environmental programs to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace. They cultivate a Safety Culture to hold employees accountable and responsible for health, safety, and environmental practices. The role supports the administration, interpretation, and implementation of the Weatherford Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System and Operations Excellence Performance System (OEPS), aligning with Organization, Geozone, and Area HSE objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Safety, Security & Compliance:
- Uphold corporate governance standards, ensuring ethical conduct and compliance with Company policies, Management System, laws, regulations, and industry practices.
- Prioritize Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and Environmental protection, avoiding risks to employees, processes, customers, and communities.
- Pursue continuous improvement in HSE, integrating responsible care, stakeholder input, knowledge, technology, and best practices to exceed customer expectations.
- Prioritize safety and service quality across all business areas.
- Utilize 'Stop Work Authority' when necessary to suspend operations in cases of non-conformance.
- Provide HSE orientation and induction for new and existing employees.
- Coordinate, schedule, and assist in regulatory HSE Compliance Training.
- Support HSE inspections and audits, aiding in the preparation and presentation of HSE meetings, training, and awareness programs.
- Assist in incident and near-miss investigations, ensuring accurate entry into the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Aid in developing emergency response procedures and comply with Weatherford OEPS and operational procedures.
- Participate in HSE inspections, review client bids/tenders for HSE requirements, and engage with regulatory agencies and local customers as needed.
- Perform other assigned duties within job constraints.
- Disseminate HSE information across all organizational levels.
- Familiarize managers and supervisors with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
- Maintain effective communication with key internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience, who can be self-starter understanding the local regulatory requirements, can work with the leadership to conduct site inspection, drive proactive engagement within frontline supervisors.
- CSP - Certified Safety Professional
- Able to understand site specific policies and communicate it to the site leadership and employees
- Be visible in the shop floor understanding risk assessments and able to intervene on safety violations and create safe working space for our employees
- Keep the site compliance to OSHA and TCEQ regulations
- Must have a good knowledge on the regulatory standards and be able to correctly interpret and communicate at all levels.
- Be able to learn and conduct investigations and analyze root causes of the incident.
- NO relocation benefits are available, we need someone who can be onsite each day, remote is not an option
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.