HR Business Partner (Generalist)
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HR Business partner (Generalist), based in Aberdeen.
Deliver high quality, consistent and fit for purpose HR business partnering to the CPEL organisation - the
direct UK organisation, and indirect organisation, as required.
* Provide advice, guidance and coaching about policies, processes and tools in a timely manner to business stakeholders (including employees) on all employee relations issues whilst ensuring that appropriate, accurate records are maintained at all times.
* Be the focal point for managing the relationship with our offshore employees, undertaking both industrial relations and employee relations activity as needed.
* Provide direct communication with Leaders and employees ensuring that the business is well informed, as and when required. Undertakes presentations and training sessions for roll out to workforce as required.
* Contribute to individual and team development activities as required, including coaching, development guidance and formal programmes such as apprenticeships and graduates.
* Liaise, collaborate and co-ordinate with members of the HR Team across locations to ensure effective communication and consistency of process; provision of an efficient, effective and timely service to the business and contributing to the effective planning of workload, initiatives and training.
* Actively and pro-actively redevelop or create policies, processes and tools as required by legislation or changes to internal working processes, collaborating as required. Ensure they are fit for purpose and appropriate for the business and appropriately focus on the offshore community for fairness, consistency and business effectiveness.
* Operate in a manner which complies with GDPR and Immigration rules, demonstrating an awareness of these key compliance areas. Seek guidance and expert input as necessary. Communicate the importance of these in interactions with all areas of the business, as and when needed.
Experience & Qualifications:
In-depth understanding of the HR function, having previously worked in a business partnering style role.
* Strong knowledge of UK employment law and the ability to transfer this knowledge into effective policies, processes and procedures.
* Previous experience of working with an offshore workforce (preferred, but similar workforce activity considered) and proven expertise with industrial relations activities, including negotiating.
* Project management and numeracy skills.
* Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team with high quality service delivery at the heart.
* Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize in a busy and complex environment which can sometimes be ambiguous.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Experience in oil and gas industry would be strongly preferred.
* Ability to travel within the UK and to offshore installations in the UKCS
* Bachelor's degree or appropriate relevant practical experience
* CIPD or equivalent qualifications would be preferred (willingness to study required, if not CIPD qualified)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066369.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.