Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Leader - Offshore Wind
- Posted 26 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameAllwyn Avalos
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Leader - Offshore Wind
- Country- USA
- Location(s)- Stamford, Connecticut
- Workplace- Onshore
- Discipline- Safety and Sustainability
- Education Preferred- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Preferred- More than 10 years
- Closing Date- Jun 16 2023
We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task- supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
The position, by joining our team in Safety, security and sustainability you will have the opportunity to-
Take up a safety leadership role within the company US Renewables program responsible for developing and managing the safety, security and sustainability strategies and deliveries for a gigawatt scale offshore wind project. This position will manage HSE in all parts of the project value chain and ensure an aligned approach to achieve safe, secure, and sustainable operations.
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Leader sits on the Offshore Wind Project Management Team (PMT) with a reporting line to the Project Director. The HSE Leader is task owner for HSE personnel assigned within the project. Support for this leadership position is provided through company broader Safety, Security and Sustainability Unit (SSU) and the Functional Center of Excellence (FCOE).
This leadership role is a challenging and highly developing position with a great opportunity to both shape the future and drive HSE performance within a major offshore wind development project.
The position will include tasks and responsibilities related, but not limited to the following-
- Act as advisor and challenge, support and guide the business on risk management and be seen as a recognized and valued discussion partner.
- Ensure that key HSE risks and challenges are lifted and addressed in the overall HSE program and are given sufficient resources and management attention.
- Ensure that common company HSE initiatives are implemented in the project and towards suppliers.
- Engage project contracted companies/partners to support alignment in all HSE planning and scope execution strategies.
- Ensure implementation of Human Right (HR) expectations of suppliers framework and follow up HR risks according to requirements.
- Monitor safety in design, including barrier management, technical integrity, and low carbon.
- Support regional SSU efficiency gains through collaboration across localized projects.
- Participating in prioritization arenas with the US Regional SSU Manager and FCoE SSU competence center to ensure aligned risk, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Contribute to new ways of working, standardization, and best practices.
Some qualities are essential for the company. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for-
- 10+ years of relevant experience including 5-7 years of experience delivering safety in a leadership role.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required, Masters advantageous . Focus on safety sciences or related subject preferred.
- Practical, hands-on experience within project development and execution is an advantage.
- Prior experience in large / international companies with a cross collaborative functional matrix style working environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams towards common project HSE goals with experience working across complex stakeholder environments.
- Experience working across complex stakeholder environments.
- An effective communicator, verbal and written, with strong collaboration skills, stakeholder- and relationship management skills.
- The ability to combine HSE competence with a broader business understanding and prioritize based on risk and business needs.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of US safety regulatory standards and working environment. Offshore Federal and US East coast experience advantageous
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Why join us?
At company, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer-
- Not just a job; a career in the company, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.