Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Health and Safety Operations Team Lead, based in Aberdeen. Must have the rights to work in the UK.
* Provides leadership of Health and Safety team supporting Operations, leading business partnering, provision of Health & Safety support guidance and assurance to frontline and asset-based teams.
* Member of the HES Leadership team, ensuring delivery of HES excellence, SME support to the operational assets, adding value and assurance to business delivery priorities.
* Works closely with OIMs to set priorities for offshore HES advisors.
* Provide support and assurance to incident reporting, classification, case management, incident investigations and quality assurance, including ensuring that all Regulatory reporting requirements are met.
* Focus on learning between asset teams, preventing repeat incidents.
* Own Managing Safe Work and Control of Work procedures, ensuring procedures comply with regulatory requirement, linking in with industry best practice.
* Input and drive Health and Safety improvements as part of annual HES improvement plan.
* Support delivery of HES & Technical Assurance plan, ensuring insights and learning are shared amongst asset teams.
* Lead preparation for Health and Safety Executive inspections and engagement, working closely with both asset teams and technical authorities.
* Connects and networks with external industry bodies and peers to gain learning and support risk management.
* Plans priorities for team, looking ahead to forecast resource pinch points, anticipating business needs.
* Manage appraisal processes, provide mentoring and coaching, ensure career development and succession planning.
* Manage budget, contracts, and service orders for the team.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience of Health and safety in Operations, leading multi locations teams.
* Delivery focussed, developing strong business partnering relationships.
* Enthusiasm can do attitude, with solutions orientation mind.
* Juggle multiple deliverables, working through innovative approaches to support the business.
* Credibility & gravitas to support, challenge, and influence Asset Leaders; Respected by Asset Leadership and OIMs.
* Lead team setting priorities, focused on risk, with ability to be agile to reprioritisation when required.
* Strong communication and positive relationship with Regulators.
* Communicates dilemmas and challenges for learning, flagging potential issues early for discussion and support.
* Qualified and able to visit offshore installations on an ad hoc basis.
* NEBOSH Diploma/ Certificate or equivalent preferred. Delivery focussed, developing strong business partnering relationships.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063850.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.