- Posted 18 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Health and Safety Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* HSE support and advice to the onshore management team.
* Provide liaison and support to the offshore organisation.
* Support Health & Safety Executive inspections, both on and offshore.
* Act as the custodian of the asset Safety Case.
* Conduct, participate and review asset and contractor incident investigation reports, ensuring 'root causes' are identified and linked to measures preventing a reoccurrence.
* Ensure all incidents & audits are recorded and managed to completion in Synergi.
* Provision of monthly statistical / KPI reporting.
* Develop and maintain progress of asset HSE Improvement plans.
* Assist, participate in and conduct health and safety audits according to the audit plan both onshore and offshore.
* Provide input to Risk Assessments, HAZIDS, HAZOPS and combined operations notifications.
* Review contractor HSE Plans, Interface Documents, Operations Plans etc.
* Prioritise and coordinate HSE support activities.
* Maintain the HSE-Management System by updating documentation to reflect changing circumstances, legislation and industry best practice.
* Familiarise with the company's Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards.
* Familiarise with the company's Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work.
* Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR).
* Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions.
* Know their roles and responsibilities.
* Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of the company.
* Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Experience & Qualifications:
* NEBOSH General Certificate and / or NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety. Preferred NEBOSH Diploma and / or NVQ level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety
* Membership or working towards membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.
* Proven oil and gas experience in an HSE professional capacity, ideally gained in an upstream operating environment with offshore experience. Preferred previous knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including production operations.
* Willingness to attend offshore assets on an ad-hoc basis
* Accident / Incident Investigation
* CoSHH Assessor
* Manual Handling Assessor
* Radiation Protection Supervisor
* Lead Auditor
* Good communicator at all organisational levels; written, spoken & presentation skills
* Team player with a high degree of self-motivation
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062929.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.