- Posted 08 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geophysicist / Senior Geophysicist, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for all aspects of structural interpretation and mapping/modelling of subsurface opportunities using seismic and other geophysical methods.
* Identify, mature and deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource growth.
* Responsible for independently defining and completing geophysical work programmes in support of business strategy and integrating results effectively with other subsurface disciplines.
* Communicating results and influencing stakeholders appropriately to drive effective business decisions.
* Mentoring junior staff.
* Interfacing and leveraging technical expertise within the wider G&RE organisation, influencing subsurface team priorities and work programmes.
o Well ties using synthetics and VSP data
o Structural and stratigraphic seismic interpretation
o Velocity modelling, depth conversion
o Construction of structural framework models
o Mapping and volumetric assessment
o Seismic amplitude and attribute analysis
o Well location/path definition and optimisation
o Visualisation techniques
o Risking and resource uncertainty modelling
o Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage seismic acquisition, processing and quantitative seismic analysis projects
o Geophysical aspects of internal/external business approvals (Internal/Partners/OGA etc)
o Sharing knowledge
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* MSc in a Geoscience subject, or relevant PhD
* Fully developed technical skill set
* The ability to work influentially in a multi-disciplinary team
* Able to deliver complex subsurface characterisation projects including uncertainty
* Expert in several anchor skills. Thoroughly understands technology and how it supports the business.
* Identifies, develops, executes and evaluates business opportunities
* Expertise with geophysical aspects of the well planning process
* Sound working knowledge of industry software packages, particularly Petrel
* Puts forward own views credibly and persuasively, linking communications with desired outcomes
* Listens actively while guiding others towards positive communication outcomes, considering other perspectives
* Looks for opportunities to develop others. providing constructive and timely feedback to support development.
* Invests time in coaching others
* Takes accountability for the success of both their own and others' projects, considering and integrating a wide range of information and views in making decisions. Recognises the importance of framing and strong multi-disciplinary narratives
* Works to build trust with a multi-disciplinary team. proactively finds opportunities to assist others and provide guidance, promotes a teamwork-based collaborative approach
* Uses own and others expertise to achieve results, can coordinate teams while collaborating with others outside the team, engages and motivates others, works strategically and communicates the bigger picture to others
* Adapts easily to change and views change as a catalyst for success
* Anticipates sources of conflict and takes steps to prevent these, looking beyond their own relationships when thinking about how to prevent conflict.
* Able to solve complex problems by balancing different needs, displaying creativity and considering innovative approaches when solving problems while looking for business efficiencies in their solutions
* Consistently completes tasks on time and to a high standard, taking responsibility for both personal and collective goals.
* Promotes Company's Core Values and works actively to create and sustain a positive culture that embodies those values.
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063306.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.