- Posted 21 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameShane Mulcahy
Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a FP&A Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Pharmaceutical client based in Cork on an initial 9-month contract.
Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist.
Job Description: We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist to support the MMD (Medicine Manufacturing Division) financial planning and analysis functions at our site, which is now operating on the COMET platform. In this role, you will have a wide range of responsibilities including headcount analysis, capital support, business partnering, month-end processes, forecasting, and local planning tool adaptation. You will also collaborate closely with the Business Shared Services (BSC) team to ensure effective management of activities and resolution of issues. Additionally, your expertise in financial projections and analysis will be vital in supporting the CRC (Capital Review Committee)/CFC (Capital Financial Committee)/ECC (Expenditure Control Committee) framework for capital projects. Oversight of fixed assets, including impairment assessments and physical inspections, will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Act as a business partner, collaborating with relevant senior leadership teams, leads, and area cost champions to manage budget and forecast spending, address variances and overruns, and drive cost-saving initiatives at the site.
- Utilize the Local Planning Tool to govern Tier 4 costs and ensure accurate and efficient cost management.
- Prepare reports on headcount, actuals versus plan and forecast, and other relevant financial metrics.
- Provide support for capital projects by developing NPV (Net Present Value) cash flows, financial projections, and analysis to assist the CRC/CFC/ECC framework. Take ownership of fixed assets, including impairment assessments and physical inspections. Oversee the capital plan and monthly fixed asset balances.
- Collaborate with the MMD Finance group, GHH (Global Human Health) colleagues on site and across Ireland, and other teams at the site.
- Prepare business numbers for R&D Tax Credits claims and IDA (Industrial Development Authority) grants.
Audit & Control Environment:
- Assist in maintaining an effective internal control environment and ensure compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act), and corporate policies.
- Provide documentation support for regular internal and external audits, specifically for inventory and fixed assets at the site.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide requested schedules and information and follow up on outstanding questions/queries.
- Update standard operating procedures as necessary.
Process Improvement & Issue Resolution:
- Identify and escalate issues, advising Finance leadership of potential business and operational risks. Collaborate cross-functionally to drive timely solutions.
- Support Finance Leadership in process improvement initiatives, policy development, and strategic projects related to business systems, processes, and policies.
Qualifications & Education:
- Qualified accountant with a Degree or Third-level qualification.
- Desirable: 1 year of post-qualification experience, preferably in a large SAP accounting systems environment within a multinational corporation (MNC).
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Experience working with virtual teams and demonstrated ability to influence site colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.