Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Fire & Gas Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Engineer all design, modify and upgrades of Fire and Gas systems
* Keep up to date with vendors hardware and software upgrades.
* Development of work pack / instructions and management of review and authorisation.
* Provide verification of proposed materials over specification.
* Keep up to date with industry legislation.
* Adhere to client / D&D management system, standards, specifications, regulations and
* Ensure QHSE documentation is compiled and submitted.
* Maintain communications with onshore / offshore internal / external team via meetings /
electronic / voice conference.
* Monitor, analyse and communicating key performance attainment
* Prepare and deliver formal monthly reports to the client / D&D as requested
* Coordinate project timesheets to the D&D finance department and assist with invoice
* Communicate regularly with the Engineering Projects Lead, Engineering Projects Manager,
Business Development, Client, D&D planning/logistic departments on scope progress.
* Attend and contribute to daily /weekly client / D&D planning meetings.
* Ensure the company's resources meet mobilisation requirements.
* Prepare budgets and cost time analysis as required.
* Raise service & material equisitions for the scope of works requirements
* Prepare and submit value of work done reports as requested
* Present expenditure against budget to progress plan reports
* Identify cost saving opportunities
* Assess offshore personnel competency to support and work on Fire and Gas, Electrical &
Experience & Qualifications:
* Minimum HNC in Electronic / Instrumentation and control Engineering with relevant post experience OR Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering Degree
* Fire and Gas Vendor Training and Certification.
* COMPEX (EX01 - 04)
* Offshore Survival (BOSIET/ FOET/ MIST)
* UKOOA Medical
* Autocad (desirable)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069609.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.