About the role:
The Field Operator is responsible for operating and maintenance of plant equipment to ensure optimal performance and production levels while adhering to HSE regulations. This role works closely with other engineering team members in achieving the company's vision with clear deliverables. The Operator will be required to work autonomously and communicate with external contactors and vendors for any remote system support.
* Monitoring and Control the process parameters of a Carbon Capture plant and injection site as desired and handing over to the incoming shift in a systematic and orderly manner.
* Understand, follow and perform the duties with approved available departmental standing instruction, Standard operating procedures and other work permit systems.
* Operation and Monitor the performance of process equipment in safe manner and ensure the availability of spare equipment for immediate use if required.
* Communicate with supervisors immediately in case of any parameters abnormalities noticed or process deviation noticed to ensure that accurate condition of field equipment is maintained.
* Record and maintain accurate, timely log data of equipment and closely follow their performance
* Inform Supervisor to raise work orders for correction in case of malfunction of equipment / instrument.
* Prepare and hand over equipment in a safe manner to maintenance staff for repair and get back in service after checks as per PTW procedure.
* React to plant process / safety emergencies promptly and carry out actions as laid down in the company HSE procedures.
* Use Raw materials, chemicals and other Utilities consumables in an optimal manner to ensure cost saving.
* Comply with all company Health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permit, policies and procedures.
* Coordinate and cooperate with other dept. for smooth running of plant.
* Carry out planned inspection and safety tours to identify unsafe conditions and practices, classifies equipment form hazard point of view.
* Perform other related duties such as collection of samples, greasing, lubricating, adjusting glands, tightening loose connection, changing filters, etc coordinating with relevant dept.
* Prepare daily, weekly chemicals stock / consumption reports and inform Supervisor for requesting stores stock items / chemicals necessary for operating the plant.
* Maintains adequate housekeeping according to Company's HSE Procedures.
* Working and operating equipment's such us pumps , compressors ,chillers , heat exchangers and cryogenic tank.
Who you are
* Understand and believe in sustainability and negative emissions
* Skilled at problem-solving, critical thinking, troubleshooting ,and reporting
* Good understanding of operations, electronics, and control systems
* Minimum Diploma in Chemical / process/ mechanical /electrical / mechatronics engineering.
* Minimum 6 years working experience in an operations field
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.