Field Operations Technician
- Posted 20 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationBritish Columbia
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameDean Prystupa
We have a fantastic new opportunity to be part of something very special in Canada where you can join a new team as a Field Operations Technician on a permanent basis and be part of a crucial time as the commissioning phase will be near completion and enter into productions hase as one of Canada's leading LNG projects.
The position is a Permanent position and will be based in the Central coast, Stikine Region/Kitimat/Terrace location of beautiful British Columbia and will have key elements to this for the encumbent to be a successful part of the team and the overall community.
This position is for the continuous outside operations in the process area of the facility, including the gas preparation, condensate stabilization, and liquefaction units. These duties include performing site checks, adjusting equipment in consult with the control room, preparing equipment for maintenance, and assisting maintenance and other support groups for optimal efficiency and availability of the plant while communicating efftectively and efficiently with team members and your supervisor.
There will be a significant induction and onboarding process that will be part of your success as it will lead you into your 4 week 12 hr rotational work period that will take you through the final stages of commissioning through to the start up and processing and production phase.
As a Field Operation Technician, you will initially be assigned to the process areas, however, over the course of your career, you will develop your skills by cross training in the other work areas (Utilities and Storage & Loading) and additionally could progress into the panel positions - a fantastic growth Opportunity!!!
If you'd like to apply and be successful, you must be:
- Canadian Permanent Residency or Canadian Citizenship
- Live or be willing to relocate to Sikine Region for start of hire - Kitimat/Terrace British, Columbia, Canada
- Must have 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or higher;
- Able to have demonstrated experience as a field operator with 8 yrs. or more in plant operations (Gas Processing, Petrochemical or Refinery experience preferred):
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets
- Possession of an Environmental Operators Certification Level 2 in Water Treatment and or Wastewater Treatment is preferred for the purposes of eventual cross training in the Utilities Area (but not a mandatory)
- Commissioning and start up experience preferred (but not mandatory)
- Possess a strong commitment to working safely and adhering to safe work practices
- NFPA 1081 or 1002 certification is preferred (but not mandatory);
- however, NFPA level certifications will be required during run and maintain phase of plant operation -- training will be provided
In Addition, the following is also being offered:
- A very compettive remuneration offering and attractive Overtime
- A Comprehensive company relocation package (if required)
- A full suite of benefits including a flexible Medical and Health plan
- A Defined Contribution Pension plan with a matching program
- A competitive vacation offering to ensure a work life balance
We're dedicated to attracting a diverse and inclusive workforce, representing the communities in which we live and work. We encourage you to apply today.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.