Our client, a leading international Oil & Gas operator, have a current opportunity for a contrct Field Construction Superintendent to be based in Afungi, Mozambique (28/28 rotation) supporting a major new LNG development. The successful candidate will be a degree/diploma qualified (or equivalent) in a related discipline field and/or Oil & Gas construction projects. Candidates will ideally have at least 10 years' experience working directly for owner/operator.
Inspire safety commitment in Client and all Contractors and Subcontractors teams via deep knowledge of HSE and leadership by example.
Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE requirements across works to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
Analyse and report performance of all Contractors and Subcontractors activities, identify any deviations/risks and contribute to timely propose mitigations to Project Management Team
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the site works are properly managed and executed by the Contractor and their approved Subcontractors in accordance with the Contract Agreement.
Monitoring and Review of Contractor related Assurance activities and verification documentation,
Assure Contractor is performing all works in accordance with the approved plans and procedures,
This role requires the Construction Superintendent to work and interface with other Company discipline Superintendents, Engineers, Planners, Authorities and the Contractor, Vendors to ensure key Contract deliverables are met.
The key deliverables are safety compliance, environmental management, assurance, budget management and control, project schedule milestones and adherence to project approved and national specifications, standards and written practices.
Assist to gather and validates 'lessons learnt' from all project team and provides feedback
Context and environment
* Project entity is a multinational joint venture, has a large social performance element and is project financed by high profile lenders
* Afungi Site is extremely remote in Northern Mozambique with unreliable infrastructure and communications.
* The site is subject to mitigation measures based on Malaria, COVID pandemic and general security risks.
* Rotational position
* Responsible for construction activities within specified area in close collaboration with EPC Contractor as per project rules including project objectives for HSE, Quality, Schedule and Cost aspect
* Coordination with other departments for the safe and on‐time execution of the work, to deliver a fit‐for‐purpose facility.
* Full understanding of areas critical to the success of large complex projects: safety, environmental, work organization, cost, schedule, quality, organizational competency, and reputational risk.
* Strong HSE culture and safety leadership, effective communication and leadership skills with the ability to influence critical decisions.
* Strong English written and verbal communication skills required. Portuguese or French is advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.