We have a current opportunity for a External Account Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be primarily remote with the majority of the work being site based.
The External Account Manager is responsible for the retention and growth of existing Customers within the Region. Working in conjunction with the extended account management team (Central Account Managers, Customer Services, Retail Development Managers and Major Accounts) to deliver MSU regional and contribute towards UKI Fiscal Year targets. The External Account Manager will coach and support other members of the extended account management team where required.
The External Account Management team are managed day to day by the Regional Commercial Manager for their Merchant Sales Unit but are strategically directed by the Manager, Major and Central Accounts Management Team
As the External Account Manager you will be responsible for:
* Customer Price Management through the implementation of General & Individual Price increases. Maximize Customer Pocket Margin & ensure Real Price improvement through minimizing erosion.
* Grow volume and profitability through seeking new opportunities in the customer base to increase wallet share, offer differentiation and increase value through upselling.
* Identify optimization opportunities to ensure the correct mode of supply is utilized to meet business and customer expectations. Where appropriate engage with BDM's (PG / LB / GGG) to drive this action.
* Ensuring the security of the Customer Base through signed, valid & active contracts.
* Accurately completing and archiving of supply agreements, technical specifications and associated contracts within the CRM system. Timely submission of all financially related documentation e.g. DDM.
* Regular proactive stewardship of designated customers through visits utilizing Application & Segment Specialists where appropriate.
* Active participation in the management of Receivables for the region by liaising with the extended account management team & credit control ensuring regular attendance of monthly credit meetings.
* Support for the MSU through activities such as Retail & Retention Campaigns.
* Utilise CRM to record all visit activity with details of key discussions to enable meaningful interpretation of customer history by other team members.
As the External Account Manager, you already are or have:
* Strong commercial focus and good negotiations skills are essential.
* Demonstrable track record & prior experience of selling or account management into business to business markets, using consultative and added value techniques.
* Self-motivated and self-directed with a desire and proven ability to achieve within a target driven environment.
* The ability to communicate, interact and influence at all levels of customer organization
* Excellent team skills and capability of successfully developing win/win situations with peers.
* High energy individual, willing to travel extensively within allocated area to maximize effective use of time.
* Use of IT to enhance communication, business analysis and growth opportunities, which include but not limited to: Microsoft Office, CRM tool, SAP and Pricing tools.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.