London - Hybrid
Great opportunity to work for a Major Energy Operator, who are currently investing significantly into their Offshore Wind portfolio, developing wind farms across two leases in the Irish Sea, and four assets offshore New York and Massachusetts - amongst other locations such as NL, Germany, Japan & Vietnam.
* Prepare cost estimates ranging from order of magnitude through to detailed project sanction estimates, ensuring a full understanding of the technical scope, cost estimate basis, schedule, contracting strategy and execution plan
* Develop proposed cost estimate methodology appropriate to project maturity, including identification of cost norms and unit rates required for engineering/ project management, procurement, construction and fabrication labour hours, productivities, wage rates, construction & installation, and owners' cost, working across a portfolio of Offshore Wind projects
* Develop required estimating deliverables including cost estimating plans, basis of estimate, benchmarking and supporting materials for independent verification and project reviews
* Interfacing with finance in developing CAPEX outputs for economic evaluations
* Working in a multi-project environment and managing several work-fronts consecutively
* Engineering / Science/ Finance degree
* Wind power industry experience in a cost estimating role
* Experience in the preparation, analysis and presentation of capital cost estimates to management and stakeholders
* Experience working alongside Supply Chain on bid evaluations
* Good communication (oral and written) skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.