Job Title: Equipment Operator
Reporting To: Rentals Division Manager
To commission and operate equipment in a competent and professional manner, communicating effectively with the client and Operations Department at all times.
The Equipment Operator will ensure products are operated efficiently, within the allocated scope of works and equipment operational limits. They will ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant HSEQ guidelines.
* To ensure client assistance and satisfaction at all times
* To attend project briefings & de-briefings.
* To attend client inductions/HIRA's as and when required.
* To complete online client inductions and training as and when required.
* To participate in internal and external training courses where identified.
* Attend client FAT's when requested.
* To liaise and build rapport with the client whilst at the worksite.
* Ensures the safe and efficient mobilisation, installation and demobilisation of equipment
* Ensures equipment is correctly prepared and ready on time to meet Client or Company requirements
* Stock take equipment on arrival at worksite, communicating any anomalies and or damage to the client and Company
* Commission equipment at worksite and perform load test operations as per the clients' requirements, completing all necessary paperwork.
* Operate equipment as per clients' instructions, ensuring all daily checks and paperwork are completed.
* Complete required onsite paperwork such as post installation checks & maintenance records.
* Complete DCSR sheets in full, with accurate times and descriptions including any observations, delays, damages, daily activities obtaining signed approval from the client.
* Demobilise equipment at the worksite and prepare for shipping, completing any necessary cargo manifests.
* Seek assistance from Company to trouble shoot equipment breakdowns, investigate and rectify
* Hand in project paperwork and expenses in a timely manner post project.
* Engage in any other reasonable activity as requested by Lead Equipment Operators / Management
* Develop strong working relations with key stake-holders - clients, colleagues etc.
Key HSEQ Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Learn and abide by the Client HSEQ integrated Management System including HSEQ Procedures and regulations that pertain to their work, and communicate their concerns to their Manager.
* Immediately report all accidents, incidents or near misses to their Manager.
* Participate in proactive HSEQ systems in place such as ICE Card and STAR Cards.
* Maintain and operate equipment in a manner that minimises leaks, spills, emissions, noise and other hazards where applicable;
* Practice good housekeeping.
* Minimise and segregate waste wherever possible.
* Familiarise themselves with the Emergency Procedures for their working area and to know the locations of emergency equipment and how to properly use it where applicable;
* Not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
* Stop the Job if they have any concerns and to immediately communicate their concerns to their Manager.
* Responsible for their own work and the verification of the quality of their work.
* Assist the company in its efforts towards continual improvement.
* Maintain positive communication with peers and customers.
* Offshore certification Including OGUK survival, applicable medical or seaman's health certificate
* Mechanical / Engineering Trade.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.