- Posted 10 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Planning, coordination and management of multi-disciplinary company's engineering resource and external stakeholders to achieve target outcomes set by the CTO and senior management.
* Provide robust technical oversight and guidance over company's engineering activities including but not limited to vendor engagement, calculations, analysis outputs, 3D modelling, rendering and design activities, drawings, sustaining engineering and product testing.
* Leads, supervises, and supports the multi-discipline company's Engineering team and external stakeholders in New Product Design and development.
* Leads, supervises, and supports the multi-discipline company's Engineering team and external stakeholders in completing Existing product updates and changes
* Leads, supervises, and supports the multi-discipline company's Engineering team and external stakeholders in researching and developing core technologies required by the company to sustain or improve its competitive lead.
* Designs, develops, analyses, documents, reviews, and approves product designs and design documentation which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of company's.
* Ensures engineering scopes remain concise, bounded by design basis, and are conducted in an efficient manner.
* Ensures that engineering activities and deliverables are in compliance with local and international regulations and standards from both a QHSE and technical standpoint.
* Identifies, quantifies, and implements, additional resource, tools, methods, processes, and equipment, which improve the quality, reliability, and productivity of the department.
* Effectively communicates information to co-workers, customers, and suppliers, which they require to do their jobs. This communication must be objective and accomplished in a neutral to positive manner.
* Serves as the project team leader throughout the phases of the New Product Introduction process, defining schedules, assigning tasks, and quantifying progress against project goals.
* Serves as a mentor to other engineers within the company, helping them develop their design, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
* Ensures adherence to company design principles and alignment with laboratory and process engineering staff
* Provides concise, clear progress reporting in a timely manner,
Experience & Qualifications:
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree (upper class 2:1 hons) in mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Post graduate level qualification would be looked upon favourably.
* Experience of mechanical / process engineering analysis and design software (i.e. 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, hand calculations, kinematics and tolerance analysis etc).
* Held a similar role for a relevant amount of time.
* Professional qualifications will be looked upon favourably
* Confidence in managing small to medium multi-discipline technical teams, including provision of technical oversight.
* Ability to analyse components and assemblies for static, dynamic and fatigue stresses / strength to meet design codes.
* Experience in product design/engineering from concept to commercialisation
* Experience with manufacture and qualification of complex electro-mechanical / mechanical / structural / process systems. Experience of design and manufacture of skidded and/or containerised units would be beneficial.
* Experience of working with various international standards including the CE Marking Regulations, British, European, US and international structural, pressure vessel and piping codes
* Working knowledge of typical manufacturing techniques - fabrication, machining, welding.
* Working knowledge of industrial design of fluid / fluid thermal systems, including heat transfer, mechanical phase separation, and phase change process equipment.
* Working knowledge of materials science, particularly typical mechanical componentry, pressure vessel and piping materials
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/063335.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.